1) Stuffed Shells - This didn't turn out too well. I forgot to season the turkey and add salt. Amateurish ... Oopsie :p
2) Mutter Tofu - My healthy variation of the indian dish Mutter Paneer. I substituted the tofu for paneer and used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. I learned this from my old roomie and gal pal, A. It's surprisingly easy to make and very very tasty too (if I may say so myself lol). Spicey and great for a cold wet day.
The modified recipe here. It's pretty simple!
Mutter Tofu Recipe
- 1 package frozen peas
- 5 medium tomatos (chopped)
- 1 package tofu cubed
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 5 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 teaspoons garam masala (from indian grocer)
- 1.5 teaspoons tumeric (from indian grocer)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cumin seads (from indian grocer)
- Heat oil, throw in cumin seeds and wait for them to pop (this is the scary part!)
- Stir fry the garlic and onions till the onions are translucent
- Add the rest of the spices and stir till it is evenly distributed
- Add the tomatos and bring to a simmer (approx. 5 minutes)
- Add 3 cups water and bring to a simmer
- Add tofu and frozen peas
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes depending on how you want the consistency of the sauce
3) Our attempt at gourmet cooking over the weekend. Hubs helped out with this one. The milder flavor of the scallops went well with the tart green apples. We loved it and scarfed it down!
Recipe courtesy of La Tartine Gourmande. Seared scallops with green apple sauce and sugar snap peas: